Monday 22 April 2013

a long ride for mediocre Fish and Chips

Ok so the training rides have started.

I call them training rides, previously they were called "big bike rides". I feel that i now have a goal in mind, they should have a more meaningful name.

So this weekend's training ride was Whitby. Whitby has nice chip shops apparently, We stopped at the Magpie it was allright!

So onto the ride

with a prevailing wind we set off and that carried us for a record pace setting, no huge hills to speak off until outside of Brid, then on to Filey and Scarborough.

Ravencar has a bit of a monster, specially cause it's pretty rough going, but the views of Robin Hoods Bay are pretty special.Worth it when you get to the top.

Round the bay and up another cinder path - I shall grow to hate this name I feel, round the corner and Whitby in site. nice long down hill to the home of Captain Cook, and chips in sight.

Aches and pains, not to bad on the legs and the tender regions. Shoulder is a bit of an ache.

I've been thinking on the value of getting a proper bike bit. I get like a pins and needles sensation in my hands as i sit on the hoods, still tingling sensation this morning, contemplating getting a proper bike fit session in somewhere to see how the bike is set up for me. Going to be spending a bit of time on it, might as well be comfy!!

Got a training session to do this week on the exercise bike, whilst watching another episode or 10 of Caprica (not that good), then another ride around the fair city of Sheffield with my other fellow prospective LeJoger. Training Ride 2


No comments:

Post a Comment